Today is your day to Die…
So many times when one speaks of death it ignites a great fear within many people. Throughout this fear, we never stop to look deeper into what death is. I have heard so many people say the moment you are born… you begin to die. But after each death statement we should be compelled to seek out what death is. As a child I remember the preachers wailing over the pulpit that “this flesh got to die everyday.” After I grew in age I began to actually say some of those same things. My perception of death then was when they put you in the ground so the thought of God telling me to commit suicide everyday was odd… On another not, my understanding evolved to dying in the flesh daily. Today, my understanding of death has evolved again to a new level.
Today I sat down and the Lord said that death does not represent an expiration of time, it represents the expiration of consciousness and thought and the transformation to a higher level of thinking and consciousness. So yes I titled my post today that it is your day to die because each day we should cast aside our old way of thinking and our old way of doing things so that God can give us new thought and elevate us to a new glory.
2 Corinthians 3:18 “…we are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory…”
The only way that we can elevate from glory to glory is by forgetting the past. Past thoughts, habits and situations that we may be able to move forward to a new level of thinking and consciousness. Dying to the old you, the yesterday you allows us to become a new creature each day.
Isaiah 43:18 “forget what happened in the past…” (God’s word translation)
Quote for the week:
“If you want today to be different than yesterday, you must die to your thoughts and actions of the past and evolve to a new way of thinking today” J. Martin
No comments:
Post a Comment